Thursday, May 9, 2013

THWC: If you have an injured leg


 

Muscles injuries are very annoying, like freaking annoying! Especially if you push yourself too hard and ignore your doctor orders (like me that is) so today I got these humble advices for you my fellow runners, from my own experience -things I learnt the hard way:

  1. If you have an injured leg don’t dance. Seriously it will only make it worse.
  2. If you have an injured leg try not to sit crossing your legs (or bent it in any way if possible), it will hurt after a while so be wise.
  3. If you have an injured leg try to avoid long walks but use a compression sock if you have to, it will feel much better. And of course I don’t need to tell you NO RUNNING for you baby!!!
  4. If you have an injured leg use bags of worm water for 10 minutes, repeat as you please, Oh it gives a good fussy feeling and it helps reduce the pain.
  5. If you have an injured leg make sure you eat your veggies, fruits, drink milk and have enough protein daily. Good diet speeds up the recovery.
  6. If you have an injured leg always keep a relief gel handy, trust me you will need it, try Rofenac or Deep Heel, they are really good.
  7. Finally If you have an injured leg, or any kind of sport injury be slow with your body it’s important to listen to it and to the signs it gives you, because when it comes to injury it’s the body who is smarter than the brain.

I hope you all stay well and injury free :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a runner, but I have had a leg injury. If I had these tips, I would've recovered faster (makes sense not to dance with an injured leg ... wish I thought of that).

    I gave you a shout-out on my blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David! thanks for the shout out, your blog is so witty I just had to join :) and by the way; I wrote those advices mostly for myself because.. yes.. um, you see I'm still guilty of some bad bad behaviors and it's doing me no good, especially the dancing thing!

      Delete
  2. Hi, hope your leg is not injured or if it is you get to feeling better soon. I have had both knees replaced and I know about leg and knee pain. :)

    I hope you will check my blog out too. I am new too blogging too. I just started in February. LOts of great sites out there to learn from. There is a great May blog hop challenge at http://storyofmylifetheblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/blog-every-day-in-may-challenge.html

    Would be a great way to get your name out there.

    Also check out my blog at:

    http://mary-anderingcreatively.blogspot.com/

    Good luck on your blogging adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! O I'm so sorry you had to go through all that :( my father had one of his knees replaced too. Well I'm still in pain lol but I can't complain I just need to focus on healing and I hope to be running again soon :)
      Good for you, blogging is awesome :)as for the challenge I doubt I can eeeeh I'm quite occupied this month, but thanks for the invitation, and your right such challenges are really good for the blogger and frankly I'm meaning to try jumping aboard on many next year, well that's the plan :)
      and I'll be visiting your blog of course, I just love reading writers blogs. Thanks for the following too, so nice of you ^_^

      Delete
  3. I've never had an injured leg, but I'll keep these tips in mind should it ever happen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that makes me happy for you :) I wish you never have to experience it in your life, EVER! thanks for coming by :)

      Delete