Thursday, April 20, 2017

Q's for Queen(s) |#AtoZChallenge




State Of Day. Now that both elders have left the house, I’m officially the older sibling! Hmm, that is indeed a weird feeling :|
..........................................................


For Q today, my student and I have found similar ground. In fact, it was her poem that inspired mine.
It isn’t like this is a new topic to me, I wrote a poem labeled ‘Queen’ in a previous A to Z challenge. But that one was kind of a joke if personal.

(Man that was a good day! 400 goals for Lionel Messi, swoon).

This year I’m trying more to capture feelings. My student thought her poem was silly, but I insisted it is good, and that I will post it.
To her a Queen  is a selfish person, once I read it I thought of the Queen of Hearts.

Me? I’ve always been fascinated by the life of a queen, behind the castle walls, but aren’t we all? Except I never wanted to be one, never imagined myself in such a position.





Queen
Proud, selfish
Lives in a castle
Cares only for herself
Famous

By Gwan Hatim, 4C


..........................................................

And this is my cinquain:



Queen
Mars her
chest,  a shadowy
spider web should she...
Surrender.

Bye :)

............................................................................................................

Cinquain is a non-rhyming 5-lined poem pioneered by Adelaide Crapsey (1878 - 1914). There are many ways to write it, weather relaying on the number of words or syllables in each line, which makes it always end up in a diamond-like shape. In this A to Z challenge I will be following the two and sometimes a mix of both types. I’ll also add some cute cinquains by my grade 4 talented students. Hope you enjoy our poetry.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Haneen,

    Enjoyed the poetry. Cool theme for the A-Z. And also wanted to say you have a neat blog. Great to meet you through the challenge.

    Best wishes,
    Nilanjana.
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nilanjana :) how nice of you, although I kind of think my blog is a bit chaotic like me :P

      Delete
  2. Nice post!
    I like the contrast of your student's poem and your choice of image underneath that. You made quite an interesting point.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy to meet those who appreciate poetry :) Thank you very much for passing by.

      Delete
  3. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete