Friday, April 3, 2015

C = CAPTAIN



State of day. Thank you for the sweeties who wished me a happy birthday yesterday, I’m not really a birthday girl, no parties, ever. I just like to post some balloons on my blog and smile. But when people do mention it; it still brings a nice feeling so thank you from the heart…again.
……………………………………………………………………………

Now…Guess who made it to C-day? 8)

Truth. C-guy here gave me a hard time. I couldn’t find a word so fulfilling to make a poem happen all around it. I’ve already scheduled some posts but this one was left vacant. Besides, I was so hung up on using the S sound I practically cornered myself, I wanted a word like cipher or cinereous or even Cimmerian (yes, that last one’s ghastly. I know). But then I realized I already have the perfect word, the one containing everything I need.
Heck! The word for me. Go figure :| 

I knew I wanted a semi-Acrostic poem and it took me mere minutes to come up with one, here it is for you;

   
Captain

Come now, you know me
And I thought you’re better than that
Playing amnesiac will never suite you
Trying so hard to act cooler
Asking me questions like “who are you?”
I may be too quiet, too distant too unpopular enough but

Not even you can forget the Captain who saved your life on day two!

11 comments:

  1. :) Nice play with the letters and lines. And belated happy birthday! :)

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - 26 Ways to Die in Medieval Hungary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your closing lines are always the best! I leave wanting to know more of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why how nice of you, I know my poems sound more like stories and so, maybe I will pick up where I left later after all.

      Delete
  3. Love that closing line! Like C. Lee, I want to know more. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to write a poem. I love it, and I love the final line. Great piece!

    Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated! What an original and ambitious approach to the A to Z. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I blame my current trend of reading sports manga, but I totally see this as a team captain standing up for an underclassman. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday! Cute poem.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete