Saturday, April 4, 2015

D is for you Doctor

A2Z challenge


State of day. I miss the team, the game and the boys. I miss FC Barcelona. Only one day to go and the fun will start again. The Fifa weeks are always tedious, not to forget dangerous (Alba’s injury last week anyone?).


But no more on that now let’s focus on the good stuff :)La Lega and the Champions League (*cough*  PSG *cough*).

And the D poem of course :P


Doctor Who

Whenever I think of a lonely soul now
I skip Samurai Jack
I forget about the Viking king locked centuries under the mountain
I no longer dwell on Crusoe’s forced isolation
Nor his Friday
or the Thirteenth Warrior
And the old sense of wonder
About Rapunzel(s) hidden in long towers
Or satellites orbiting Earth for that matter
Has no echoes in the memory
Nowadays I only think of him
The perfect ultimate example
The very lonely one

The Doctor.


6 comments:

  1. I love the Doctor :) And one of the things that make him unique as a character is that isolation that failed to make him bitter.
    I love the poem too :)

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - 26 Ways to Die in Medieval Hungary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true, you just have to appreciate and respect that about him, his unlimited optimism.

      Delete
  2. That was really good. And clever combining all of those other characters into the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem. I suspect I'm missing out on something by never watching Doctor Who....

    ReplyDelete