Thursday, April 2, 2015

2nd of April: B = Balcony + your Captain’s Birthday

Yay!

State Of Day.  if you’re in a hurry scroll down to today’s poem, if you’re not well, you know your Captain when she lose control, enjoy.
………………………………………………………………………….


And it has rolled again people!
My birthday

To me 


O Allah I ask you to keep me, my family and country safe.
What are my other wishes?
Oh! I can proceed to no end :)
as a woman I wish to become;

as passionate, influential and incredibly empathetic as queen Rania of Jordan


Classy as Amena Kin & Easy going like Boshra


Sophisticated and strong as Muna Abu Sulayman while Fit and healthy the way Kara Goucher is


And all in all graceful and emotionally clever like Shahirah Elaiza



For my writing I can dream to become:

As Suburb as Kazuo Ishiguro & Imaginative as David Mitchell

overload of talent, Ah! I feel dizzy
Pioneering as Tahereh Mafi & Original as Marissa Meyer


And pretty much Legendary as J.K.Rowling


And finally loyal to who I am and what I believe like Daniel Alarcon


(Can I also ask for my father’s generosity and my mother’s hospitality?
Oh! I can? okay thanks)
Amen

A2Z Challenge 

Okay that’s enough self-indulgence for one day (in a year!).
My friends send me good vibes and let’s get to today’s poem

Balcony
Looking from the balcony at the happenings
The Life passing me by
walls of thorns rise in front of me
And the velvety curtain of Darkness falls
Screaming in despair
Or
Sighing in boredom
I claw my way out
 of Shelob’s lair
and I summon Sting
***
Listen to me
I’m not alienating you
except sometimes
I’m a one-act-show
And although
You may wait down my balcony
One apocalyptic night
Honking
Rushing me to come down
so we can save the world together
Trust me I’m all in
Only at times
I need the action on my own pace
***
Drive on
Begin the journey
You will find me at the gate of Moria
Waiting for you
 Setting fire

to a pile of dead Goblins

...............................................................................................
like it? Join me tomorrow 

12 comments:

  1. I love Marissa Meyer too :)
    Great last line!

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - 26 Ways to Die in Medieval Hungary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! You've got some great role models there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful women in your post and some fascinating men. Kazuo Ishiguro and David Mitchell. Wow. What a brilliant and surprising poem you created. Must be the birthday excitement that stirred all of this wonderful creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Ah Ishiguro and Mitchell, I can't even look, I must confess I'm being overly ambitions. And happy you liked the poem but no, I wrote it in advance.

      Delete
  4. Great choices! Happy Birthday!!!
    And wonderful poem! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People! enough already, you are humbling me..and I have a big head! Lol!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday!!! May you be blessed with all you ask for :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Haneen
    Late I know :) but better late than never :)

    Nice poem by the way

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salaam! A very, very belated Happy Birthday to you ;) I'm honoured to have even crossed your mind when you think of the word 'grace'. May Allah swt make you better than what you think of me. Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete