Monday, April 20, 2015

R = RED & Reading with a hint of Football

Wishing for this to happen again tonight
(MSN) celebrating with a goal for each

State Of Day. PSG are the opponent tonight, Champions League, 2nd leg, home. After the victorious 3 – 0 in the 1st leg FC Barcelona is pretty close to reaching the semifinals after this match, unless of course we shoot ourselves in the foot, which is something the team historically prevails in doing.
But no, no, no bad vibes, today is the day of positive energy.

Visca Barca.
.................................................................................................

Reading-wise I finally got into Goblins by Charles Grant, I must say it’s not an easy read. I met Fox Mulder, X-Filles hero, finally, but the writing is filled with metaphors and expressions that are very American, am I making sense? I mean it’s stuff that aren’t easy for you to get if you’re not American and/or aware of the pop culture and colloquial language. Of course this isn't a flaw in the book, I don't think that Season of Migration to the North, a classic book as it is, is an easy ride for non Sudanese.
Goblins is intense and funny and I’m loving it, let’s just hope the ending is worth the while.
I really miss my Thomas Pitt historical mysteries by Anne Perry, I finished 4 books in the series, it gets better as you go, next stop Rutland Place. I also got Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, Haven by A.R. Ivanovich and The Return of the King just to name a few on my list (I miss my Frodo).
Not to mention of course the very majestic and daunting The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by THE David Mitchell.


Behold it staring at me with its evil red eye and devilish 560 pages


Other two books that I started awhile ago and need finishing
…………………………………………………………………………………


My R-Day poem “RED” is like its predecessor "Queen", very short, that’s why I’ll toss another Poindexter to the blend. This poem (which I call "Sleeping with Wolves") may be only 8 lines but it's so emotional I couldn't get it out of my head, hopefully you feel it too.

Fascinate you later 8)



Red

What I feel is what I see
Burning red
Save me
Or watch me save myself
Either way
I’m done
with you

******


6 comments:

  1. Poindexter nails it and quite succinctly. I won't be able to get his poem out of my head either. I've already commented on Red and it's tightly compacted finality. Enjoyed reading both. Love your enthusiasm for the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many books to read, so little time... :) At least I'm up-to-date on Marissa Meyer's books :)
    I like the poem. Very fierce.

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - 26 Ways to Die in Medieval Hungary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! the final book in The Lunar Chronicles is coming this year :P anyway, Happy you liked the poem.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I love Red. That needs shared among all those being mistreated in a relationship.

    Books with heavy cultural slants should come with an appendix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Elizabeth :") I think I'm getting good at this writing poetry thing :P an appendix could really work.

      Delete